Friday, July 19, 2019

The Garden

Last week was pretty hot in the upper 80's and low 90's, and the last thing I wanted to do was work outside but there were weeds. Boy, were there weeds!
 This is my first year growing nasturtiums. Most of the flowers are red but there are a few yellow ones, too. I got the seeds from the Dollar Tree.
 My hosta is doing beautifully. It's in it's third year in my yard.

Today is supposed to be 95 degrees but this morning we went out to the garden to see if there was anything to pick. This is our first real harvest; green beans, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos and basil. We will eat them for dinner tonight.

The picture above is our 4 tomato plants, jalapeno plant, basil, and lettuce. We have a very small yard but we try to get what we can from it. Next year I will be planning more carefully so we can get even more.

Have a wonderful weekend!




4 comments:

  1. What a terrific harvest. Everything looks so lovely and green. I hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so blessed, Belinda, every time I pick something that grew in my yard.

      Delete
  2. Yum. Dinner from the garden. Nothing better!
    Looks lovely. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do love to be able to grow some of what we eat!

      Delete