Thursday, August 29, 2019

My Frugal Week



 I stopped at a yard sale on my way to the grocery store on Saturday. I spent $6 for everything you see in the picture above. The blouse was $2, still had the tags on it and I can add it to my work wardrobe. The paintbrush will come in handy as I continue to paint the basement. I will be giving my granddaughter the headbands for her birthday in October, the bag was only 25 cents and I can also use that for many things. The Betty Boop salt and pepper shaker set was the most expensive item at $3.00 and since my mom loves all things Betty Boop, I will be giving it to her for a gift.

We ate all our meals at home. I made another loaf of bread, a spicy black bean soup, tacos, sausage with peppers and noodles, frozen pizza, chicken broth that is now in the freezer, crock pot green beans with bacon grease and onion, and pasta salad with tuna. I also made a cake from scratch with chocolate frosting.

We had our two granddaughters over for dinner on Wednesday night. We had hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, salad, and watermelon with cookies for dessert.

I went to Walmart and bought Dawn dish soap. I always buy the biggest bottle, transfer it to a smaller bottle and add a little water to the top. It is so concentrated that I find a little goes a long way. We wash all our dishes by hand and we like Dawn the best. I also use it as a cleaner.

I drive a lot for my job and have been blessed to get gas for a much better price than usual at $2.40 per gallon. While I'm on the road I listen to podcasts that I download on my phone. Recently I listened to Belinda at Frugal Workshop.

I washed my large and small baggies so that I can reuse them, unless they had meat or other messy thing in them. We wash them by hand in soapy water, turn them inside out, and hang them over a large utensil until dry.

I paid all our bills online. The only bill I don't ever pay online is our water bill because the water company charges an additional $10.00 for the privilege of doing so.

I peeled and froze tomatoes from our garden. They will come in handy for soups and sauces.

It's been cooler here lately so we are taking advantage of it by getting some yard work done.

Have a great week!








2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love going to yard sales. I have to work today,but we are going on Saturday for sure. Than you so much for the shout out, that was so sweet of you. I like Dawn too, better than any other dish detergent.

    ReplyDelete